|Squash and Sweet Potato Soup:|
|3 tbsp.||Olive oil||45 mL|
|4 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp.||Ginger, minced||30 mL|
|1 medium||Butternut squash, peeled and cubed|
|1 medium||Sweet potato, peeled and cubed|
|1 medium||Carrot, peeled and diced|
|1 tbsp.||Curry powder||15 mL|
|4 cups||Vegetable stock||1000 mL|
|1 cup||Coconut milk||250 mL|
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook while continually stirring for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the butternut squash, sweet potato, carrots and curry powder. Continue to cook, while stirring for about 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil then immediately reduce heat and uncover. Let simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in coconut milk and continue heating for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in food processor. Blend until smooth.
|Nutrient Analysis Per Serving (makes 6 servings):|
|Fat: 15 grams|
|Carbohydrates: 15 grams|
|Fibre: 2 grams|
|Protein: 2 grams|